Friday, September 25, 2009

Living It Out

So my mission in college is to do things that make me nervous or uncomfortable. Here's what four weeks have done for me:

1) Church
I attended a Catholic church service, and that's a big deal. I have always been scared of it.

2) Applying to a service trip
Usually anything that requires me to apply and such makes me nervous because I never feel like I am ever good enough to get in. I handed it in just a few minutes ago, so keep me in your prayers and thoughts!

3) Volunteering
I volunteered at a homeless shelter, and I was scared, I don't know why, it just scared me, not the people necessarily, but the other volunteers weren't as... um cheerful

4) Retreat
I spent a night in the woods with strangers, and it was the best choice I have made since I have been here!

What are things that scare you? Have you accomplished them?