Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Presents!

Alright, so I was kind of comparing gifts with other people I know, and a lot of kids ended up getting laptops for graduating. I have a laptop, so for now, I have decided not to get one. On the other hand, I could get one, and sell the one I have, so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. That is beside the point!
True, I did get the graduation money, but I also got a lot of flowers. Personally, I am not a fan of flower bouquets. They are beautiful, there is not denying it, but they die. For some reason when I was younger it used to depress me that they would be killed with the slight purpose that they would be a nice gift for my birthday or something. If the circumstances were different like to brighten a hospital room, I would understand.
The most touching gift, and by far my favorite, were the potted plants that my aunts gave me. I had mentioned that I might be interested in a garden, but wasn't sure. On graduation day, I was handed the arrangements, but also an assortment of marigolds and other flowers that would brighten up my garden. It is one of my favorite gifts I have ever gotten. Screw money, this holds long term sentimental value.

No comments: